If you are interested in volunteering to be a Mentor or enrolling a child in the program click below.
If you have any questions please contact Gable Crowder, Recruitment Manager at (210) 225-6322 ext. 115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Mentor
There are a few requirements up front. You must:
- 18 years old.
- Finished with High School.
- Able to commit to being matched with a child for a minimum of 1 year.
- Able to meet a minimum of 1 time per month with your Little Brother or Little Sister.
- Not anticipating any major life changes in the next 6 months.
- Willing to consent to being background checked, although a criminal history does not prohibit participation in all cases
- Willing to provide a copy of your driver’s license and insurance (community based program only).
Enroll a Child
We are so happy that you are interested in enrolling your child in our mentoring program. It all starts with the right role models. And Big Brothers Big Sisters is the place to start a relationship with one. For over 100 years, due in large part to private donations, we’ve been able to recruit, screen, match, and support mentoring relationships that have changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of young people across the community.
We enroll youth ages 5-16. Youth can be matched between the ages of 6-16. We support young adults until the age of 26.
If you have any questions about the information above or if you are having trouble completing the application please call our office at 210-225-6322.
If you are interested in donating click below.
Your investment in Big Brothers Big Sisters allows us to further our mission to ensure the lives of at-risk children are changed for the better, forever, through one-to-one mentoring in the Uvalde community.
Mentoring Services Manager – Uvalde
mentoring programs for Uvalde volunteers