Who we are
The Youth Alumni Advisory Council is composed of a youth formerly or currently matched in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program between the ages of 16-24. We are guided by the principle that all young people should have a voice and a role in decisions impacting their life and their future.
The purpose of the Youth Alumni Council is to ensure the insight, energy, and solutions that are unique to the perspective of youth who were actively matched in our program as children are represented on our boards of directors. As part of this council, members will be participating in important conversations on how to improve on our mission and play a prominent role in steering our organization on a stronger path towards working with young people, not just for them.
What we do
- Build our membership
- Attend meetings at Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Promote awareness of the BBBS mission, services and outcomes
- Share stories about the BBBS experience
- Provide advice, guidance and perspective to the BBBS Board and staff
- Participate/host in agency activities such as the:
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Graduation Parade
- Bowl for Kids’ Sake
- Little Moments, Big Magic Luncheon
- Car Wash for Kids’ sake
- Big High Five
- From Me To You holiday store
If you are interested in joining the Council please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
mentoring programs for san antonio volunteers