Big Brothers Big Sisters is a volunteer-based organization supported 100% by donations from individuals, corporations and private foundations. Our agency serves children by providing them with positive adult role models through our school based, community based and workplace mentoring programs.
- Every four minutes a student drops out of a Texas public school
- In Bexar County, the 41% attrition rate is higher than the state figures
- 10,363 students in the Class of 2008 left school without a diploma
Children with a Big Brother or Big Sister mentor are more likely to:
- Make good choices
- Avoid risky behavior like drugs, alcohol and violence
- Complete High School and develop a post graduate plan
Your investment in Big Brothers Big Sisters allows us to further our mission to ensure the lives of at-risk children are changed for the better, forever, through one-to-one mentoring.
Click here to find out how to sponsor your favorite event.
mentoring programs for san antonio volunteers